The JCC Maccabi Games® is an incredible event that brings thousands of Jewish teenagers together. Our vision for the Games is to create a meaningful Jewish experience for Jewish athletes and to present as many opportunities as possible for athletes to interact with each other. Hang Time is a Jewish space and place of fun, informal activities for athletes to enjoy and connect with during their non-competition time at the Games. Staffed by Israeli counselors (Shlichim) and volunteers from the Hang Time host communities committee, Hang Time offers opportunities to learn about Israel, as well as other segments of Jewish life and history.
Past Hang Time Activities:
- The BIG Israel map
- Virtual Kotel: Send a blessing/prayer to the Western Wall in Jerusalem.
- Israeli music
- JCC Maccabi card games
- JCC Maccabi Suduko
- Trivia Games- Famous figures in Israeli culture and places in Israel.
- Hebrew Words of the Day.
- Israeli dancing.
- Hebrew beads for making name necklaces.
- Various Israeli group games, Israeli sport activities and ball games.
- Various arts and crafts projects: Friendship pins, beaded jewelry, hemp, lanyard weaving, scrapbook pages, fabric photo albums, photo frame, glass Mezzuzot, ceramics, stamped stationary, decoupage, candle making, Hamsas, Israeli key rings, ceramic tiles, rubber stamp stationary, Israel flag beaded safety pins, colored hemp jewelry, make your own button, and Israel blue ribbons